Thursday, April 17, 2008

San Francisco Treat

Rudyard Kipling once said that the only drawback to San Francisco is that "Tis hard to leave."

I shall soon have the opportunity to see for myself. And I am rather looking forward to it.

I'll be in 49er country on business for the better part of next week. While there I am hoping to take in a few of the sites, a few good meals and explore the city by running through it.

Any suggestions on running routes and tasty restaurants?

"Many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased."
Bible, Daniel 12:4

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have to take a cable car ride!! It's awesome! Get in the front and hang off the side! Maybe I'm easily amused but it was terrific!

Rich said...

Maybe I'm easily amused too, but you can try the Golden Gate Bridge. There a side road leading up to it from the Presidio, and also a staircase which is a bit hidden.

It might have been just the one time I ran across it, but the bridge was void of pedestrian traffic, very unlike NYC!

Anonymous said...

Wow.. SF - my favorite city on the west coast (more than Seattle even). Run along the Embarcadaro to the GG Bridge. It's an easy start from the Financial district or South of market and you really see some great sights.

Have fun!