Friday, August 25, 2006

Run To Remember

To My Fellow Runners, Bloggers & Readers,

As many of you know I am training for the ING New York City Marathon which will take place this November 5th. This will be my 4th marathon and I plan on making this a "Run to Remember" by completing it in honor of my grandmother who passed away due to complications related to Alzheimer's disease.

A talented artist and unabashed lover of life, my grandmother was also remarkably physically fit. She generally whooped me when we played tennis together and on her 80th birthday Grandma Connelly borrowed a pair of Rollerblades and started zipping up and down the street!

My goal is to raise $2,620 for the Alzheimer's Association in Grandma Connelly's honor ($100 for every mile I run). But, to reach my goal I need your help and generosity. I hope that I can count on your tax-deductible donation!

"Run to Remember" Donation Levels:
  • $26.20 ($1 per mile) Athletic Supporter
  • $52.40 ($2 per mile) Cheering Spectator
  • $131 ($5 per mile) Race Volunteer
  • $262 ($10 per mile) Race Director
  • $524 ($20 per mile)Marathon Record Holder
There are two ways to donate:

1. Hand me a check payable to the Alzheimer's Association

2. Make a secure online donation at http://josh.kintera.org/marathon

I genuinely thank you for you generous support. Your gift means a tremendous amount to me personally and may help to find a cure for Alzheimer's disease.

Sincerely,
Josh Morphew

3 comments:

the_ubster said...

Josh, that is great. You can count us in. What a wonderful way to honor Grandma.

The picture reflects how I remember them.

JustRun said...

What a great cause. And I love that photo!

Beanie said...

there's nothing makes me happier than to hear/read about active older people. there's no reason men and women can't continue to be super fit into old age. sounds like your granny was amazing. good luck in your fund raising efforts!