As many of you know I am training for the ING New York City Marathon which will take place this November 5th. This will be my 4th marathon and I plan on making this a "Run to Remember" by completing it in honor of my grandmother who passed away due to complications related to Alzheimer's disease.
A talented artist and unabashed lover of life, my grandmother was also remarkably physically fit. She generally whooped me when we played tennis together and on her 80th birthday Grandma Connelly borrowed a pair of Rollerblades and started zipping up and down the street!
My goal is to raise $2,620 for the Alzheimer's Association in Grandma Connelly's honor ($100 for every mile I run). But, to reach my goal I need your help and generosity. I hope that I can count on your tax-deductible donation!
"Run to Remember" Donation Levels:
- $26.20 ($1 per mile) Athletic Supporter
- $52.40 ($2 per mile) Cheering Spectator
- $131 ($5 per mile) Race Volunteer
- $262 ($10 per mile) Race Director
- $524 ($20 per mile)Marathon Record Holder
1. Hand me a check payable to the Alzheimer's Association
2. Make a secure online donation at http://josh.kintera.org/marathon
I genuinely thank you for you generous support. Your gift means a tremendous amount to me personally and may help to find a cure for Alzheimer's disease.