Friday, February 09, 2007

Yummy

I’m no doctor, but I am guessing that when you get that alkaline / blood like taste in your mouth it is too cold to be doing speed work…

Time: 7:00AM
Temperature: 20F
Winds: Variable off the East River

1 x 1600 Meters Warm Up (as if that's possible)
1 x 1200 Meters 4:41
1 x 800 Meters 3:07
1 x 400 Meters 1:26
1 x 400 Meters 1:26
1 x 800 Meters 3:02
1 x 1200 Meters 4:41
1 x 1600 Meters Cool Down (as if that's needed)

“I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears, and sweat."
Sir Winston Churchill

6 comments:

Bridges Runner said...

Very impressive! It's these workouts that definitely pay dividends later.

Faithful Soles said...

Josh, great split times, even more impressive in the cold weather. I'm in Houston, but used to run in Central Park all the time when I was in NYC on business, so I can appreciate what you mean by thousands of runners trying to get around there in a race. If you get a chance, please visit my running web site, Faithful Soles. I have a categorized and searchable Running Blog Database on there and would appreciate it if you would link your blog to it. I also have my own blog, but most of my information is on the main web site. Thanks and continued good luck in your training.

Rich said...

Churchill was a real trooper, wasn't he :)

Phil said...

Love the quote.

I thought I was doing well taking an easy 5 mile jog in South Bend last week with the temperature at 16F. You're in another leaque. Nice workout!

Beanie said...

ah the hard core crew were up at the track wednesday. i'm loving this weather ;)

great splits - particularly for when your legs are frozen numb (as I'm sure they almost were...)

afuntanilla said...

i have read that quote before! awesome quote. you were it today, you were it...