Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Hi-Volume

The Tinman Half Ironman is less than two weeks away. Last week was my last hi-volume, hi-intensity week before tapering and I was on a tear!

A couple of big swims, hard rides, long runs and a serious brick workout that finished with a fast mile and a 400 meter kick.

Day

AM

PM

MondaySwim - 1700 MetersRun - Hill Repeats
TuesdayBike - 30 MilesGym - Weight Training
WednesdayOffOff
ThursdayRun - 13 MilesOff
Friday
Off
Swim - 2100 Meters
Saturday

Brick - 54 Miles Bike + 9 Miles Run

Off
Sunday

Sick

Sick


But now I am sick and can hardly pick my head up off the couch.Grrrrr.....

This is not my idea of a taper!

"Exercise is bunk. If you are healthy, you don't need it; if you are sick, you shouldn't take it."
-Henry Ford

8 comments:

the_ubster said...

Dude! No wonder you can't lift your head, all of that exercise would make me tired too.

Morrissey said...

Good luck on the tinman and get better!

miss petite america said...

someone once told me that being sick is god's way of slowing you down....always thought that was dumb.

take it easy and get better soon!!

nyflygirl said...

I'm tired just looking at your peak week schedule...but WOW. now that's dedication!!

rest up and feel better!

Bridges Runner said...

Rest up and I hope you feel better:) Good luck!!!

Deene said...

whoa nelly! you need relax before the big race.

Rich said...

Sunday Sick-Sick? Dude - take it easy!

Stephanie said...

Oh, I love that weekly table; especially the sunday!!! Hey, it's a GOOD sign!!!!